Friday, June 25th 2010, 7 o'clock AM... We drive to the hospital. I'm dialated 3cm. My doctor decides to break my water and see how fast I go instead of inducing me. Thank goodness. Within two minutes I have my first contraction of many. My contractions instantly come every three minutes for the rest of the labor process. Thank goodness Mom came with me and Gavin. She helped teach Gavin and me how to breath through each contraction then Gavin did a great job helping me the rest of the time. And hour later i'm at 5 cm. I can't walk around anymore so I lay on the bed. I decide to get on facebook and chat to everyone and tell them how insanely bad my contractions hurt!! The pain starts to get worse but I'm going to fast for an epidural. So they give a drug to "take the edge off" as the nurse said. And Boy did they work. That's when my facebooking got a little Loopy :) At eleven thirty i'm dialated to an 8. No more drugs for me. The pain becomes to much so I stop facebooking. I'm at a nine and I feel the sensation to push. I hold it back because i'm not at 10 yet and I have a hard time controlling my breathing. Mom had to come over and help me and Gavin again. We call the nurse in and i'm having a terrible time not pushing because the nurse, That I hated at the moment, told me that I wasn't at ten yet and couldn't push. I start screaming so she looks again and says ok get the doctor on the phone. I'm like wait a minute He's NOT HERE?!?! She gets the bed ready for the delivery and i'm screaming and having a really hard time controlling my breathing. Finally the nurse mom and Gavin calm me down enough to breath and push. My first push I pee All over the nurse!! Haha! After about the third push the doctor finally comes in and takes the nurses place. Gavins face was priceless when the doctor said he saw the head. A couple pushes Later and Some sucking from the vacuum I hear the most beatiful sound of my new baby boy!! The nurse puts Brett on my chest and wipes him off and I burst into tears. Gavin comes over and starts crying too. He stiches me up and they take my baby and I can finally breath!!
The whole pushing on the stomach thing Sucked A LOT! The whole time in the hospital after the baby sucked. No one told me it would hurt to sit up, stand up, or walk until a couple days after. Although the food was good :)
Brett stayed with the nurses most of the time so I could sleep and relax. When we got home mom was getting ready to leave and leave me alone with my new baby for the first night home! I think not!! I made her stay one more day. I prayed every night for about two weeks that I would hear him and wake up and not sleep through it. I finally got use to it. He's about the sweetest thing ever.
So 5 Hours Later at 12:45pm My 5lb 15oz Baby boy, Brett Ashton McCormick is here :)
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment