I realized later that Brett was the name we were going to name our first son. Eventually I found a middle name that fit quite well with his first, No special meaning or anything, It just happened to work Perfectly. I was looking through Our Family History book of my Great Grandma and Grandpa That was compiled by my Aunt and saw a picture of my Uncle Brett before he passed. I like the name but Gavin was still wondering if that was really his name.
Soon the Day came when Our first son came into the world. With a first Glance I knew We had the right name for him. When we were filling out the Birth Certificates paper work I asked Gavin if He was sure it was Brett. He said A quick Prayer and looked up at me with tear filled eyes and said Yes, That's his name. Brett Ashton McCormick.
The next day was June 26. My mom Came to the hospital to visit me and in conversation It was brought up that this was the day that My Uncle Brett had Passed. Tears filled my Eyes as I thought about How Perfect this name was for him. My Uncle Brett truly wanted my child to have his name.
As I was Looking at my perfect Baby in the hospital I couldn't help but think how I had seen his face before and It felt like i've known him for years. When we got home from the hospital we decided to open the family history book again to look at my Uncle Brett's Picture again.
Brett Ashton McCormick
It was almost a spitting image to my new born son. My Uncle Brett Will always be remembered and loved. My heart was filled with love of my new born son and the love of my Uncle Brett. I know that he is watching over my baby to this very day and on.
My sons Guardian Angel.


.jpg)



WOW, Jess, that is an amazing story!!
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome story... thanks so much for sharing it!
ReplyDelete